* Axfood's consolidated sales for the period April-June totalled SEK 8,583 m
(8,216), an increase of 4.5%.
* Retail sales for Group-owned stores rose 0.7% during the period.
Like-for-like sales fell by 1.9%.
* Operating profit for the period was SEK 279 m (269).
* Profit after financial items for the period was SEK 270 m (258).
* Profit after tax for the period was SEK 199 m (190), and earnings per share
were SEK 3.79 (3.63).
* Axfood Närlivs signed an agreement to acquire Reitan Servicehandel's cold
storage distribution centre in Stockholm. Axfood will take over operations
on 1 October 2010.
* Axfood's goal for 2010 is to achieve an operating profit at least at the
same level as in 2009.
Interim Report Axfood AB 1 January-30 June 2010: http://hugin.info/132208/R/1431952/378216.pdf
This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf of Thomson Reuters clients.
The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
All reproduction for further distribution is prohibited.
Source: Axfood AB via Thomson Reuters ONE