Highlights Q4 2013
* Net profit and earnings per share in Q4'13 increased by 75%. Net profit
amounted to USD 14 million compared to USD 8 million in Q4'12.
* Sales amounted to USD 128 million compared to USD 98 million in Q4'12,
corresponding to a 29% growth and 7% organic growth, both measured in local
* EBITDA in Q4'13 increased by 69% and amounted to USD 24 million and 19% of
sales compared to USD 14 million and 15% of sales in Q4'12. Excluding impact
from acquired companies, EBITDA margin was 20%.
* Cash generated by operations increased by 14% and amounted to USD 29
Highlights Full Year 2013
* Net profit and earnings per share increased by 8%. Net profit amounted to
USD 41 million or 9% of sales, compared to USD 38 million and 9% of sales in
* Sales amounted to USD 436 million compared to USD 399 million in 2012,
corresponding to a 9% growth and 2% organic growth, both measured in local
* Bracing and supports sales growth was 12% and 2% organic, both measured in
* Prosthetics sales growth was 6% and 4% organic, both measured in local
* Gross profit amounted to USD 270 million and 62% of sales, compared to USD
248 million and 62% of sales in 2012.
* EBITDA amounted to USD 75 million and 17% of sales, compared to USD 70
million and 18% of sales in 2012. EBITDA margin adjusted for one-time
expenses and excluding impact from acquisitions amounted to 19% of sales.
* Cash generation continues to be strong and cash flow from operations
amounted to USD 73 million and 17% of sales, compared to USD 71 million and
18% of sales in 2012.
* During the year Ã–ssur closed three acquisitions. Sales from acquired
companies amounted to USD 26 million in 2013.
* Cost savings initiatives, executed in the first half of the year were
successful, resulting in USD 5 million in savings for 2013.
For 2014 management estimates:
* Local currency growth in the range of 14-16%.
* Organic, LCY sales growth in the range of 2-4%.
* EBITDA margin in the range of 17-19%.
* CAPEX in the range of 2.5-3.5%.
* Effective tax rate around 26%.
JÃ³n SigurÃ°sson, President & CEO, comments:
"We closed the year with a very strong quarter. The fourth quarter is the second
consecutive quarter with good profitability and continued strong cash flow. The
cost reduction initiatives executed in the second quarter have delivered
expected results. We have yet another good year in EMEA behind us and in
Americas we see some positive developments in the second half of the year. Asia
delivered excellent growth as in previous years. During the year we closed three
acquisitions, strengthening our position and sales channels, primarily in
Conference Call - Thursday 6 February 2014
Ã–ssur will host a conference call on Thursday 6 February 2014 at 12:00 CET/
11:00 GMT/ 6:00 EST. To participate in the call please dial Europe: +44 (0)
203Â 364 5374 or +46 (0) 8Â 505Â 564 74
The United States: + 1Â 855Â 753 2230, Iceland: 800 8660
Q4 2013 Investor Presentation:
Ossur Press Release Q4 2013 English:
Ossur financial statement 31.12.2013:
This announcement is distributed by GlobeNewswire on behalf of
GlobeNewswire clients. The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and
other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and
originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Ossur Hf via GlobeNewswire