February 21, 2017
Jan - Dec 2016 (Jan - Dec 2015)
· Net revenues were SEK 74.9 M (13.6 M)
· EBIT was SEK 4.2 M (-28.1 M)
· Earnings per share were SEK 0.11 (-1.29)
· Diluted earnings per share were SEK 0.11 (-1.29)
Q4 2016 (Q4 2015)
· Net revenues were SEK 5.4 M (1.8 M)
· EBIT was SEK -15.0 M (-5.3 M)
· Earnings per share were SEK -0.60 (-0.23)
· Diluted earnings per share were SEK -0.60 (-0.23)
Business highlights in Q4 2016
· Distribution of all Saniona's shares held in Initiator Pharma to Saniona's shareholders decided at an extra ordinary general meeting.
· Saniona postponed list change to Nasdaq Stockholm following advanced ruling from the listing committee.
· Research milestone of about SEK 1.5 million obtained from The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.
· Saniona and Upsher Smith extended research collaboration under the drug discovery and development collaboration for neurological diseases, which the parties signed in the beginning of 2016.
· Saniona filed a clinical trial application in Czech Republic and Hungary for the performance of a Phase 2a study for Tesomet in patients with Prader-Willi Syndrome during the first half of 2017.
· Saniona's tesofensine partner, Medix, files application for Phase 3 clinical trials in obesity.
Significant events after the reporting period
· Saniona reports positive top line results from the Tesomet Phase 2a study in type 2 diabetes.
Comments from the CEO
"We have in effect moved the company from a being a discover company to a company with several programs in late stage clinical development in 2016. With the flying start this year, we are setting a pace, which makes me confident for 2017," says Jørgen Drejer, CEO of Saniona.
For more information, please contact
Thomas Feldthus, EVP and CFO, Saniona, Mobile: +45 2210 9957, E-mail: email@example.com
The information in this interim report is information that Saniona (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and Sweden's Securities Market Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08:00 CET on February 21, 2017.
Saniona is a research and development company focused on drugs for diseases of the central nervous system, autoimmune diseases, metabolic diseases and treatment of pain. The company has a significant portfolio of potential drug candidates at pre-clinical and clinical stage. The research is focused on ion channels, which makes up a unique protein class that enables and controls the passage of charged ions across cell membranes. Saniona has ongoing collaboration agreements with Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc., Productos Medix, S.A de S.V and Saniona's Boston based spinout Ataxion Inc. Saniona is based in Copenhagen, Denmark, where it has a research center of high international standard. Saniona is listed at Nasdaq First North Premier and has about 4,500 shareholders. Pareto Securities is Certified Advisor for Saniona. The company's share is traded under the ticker SANION. Read more at www.saniona.com .